The prom is coming to St. Charles Barklay, and Kenny realizes that he doesn't have a date because he's the only gay kid in school. Shannon doesn't want to go to them prom and Pat tries to convince her to do so.
As the school prom approaches, Kenny and Jimmy try to come up with the perfect prom-posal for the classmates(who already have dates) they each have set their sights on. Shannon thinks prom is a scam and would rather stay at home, but once Pat discovers she was asked to attend, he tries to convince her to go.
- Kenny O'Neal
- Eileen O'Neal
- Pat O'Neal
- Jimmy O'Neal
- Shannon O'Neal
- Jodi O'Neal
- Clive Murray
- Jimmy and Lacey are still dating in this episode. Their relationship started in the episode The Real Wedding.
- Eileen and Principal Murray start having romantic feelings for each other in this episode.
- Come on Eileen by Dexys Midnight Runners is sung by Principal Murray.
- Take a Chance on Me by ABBA plays at the end of the prom.
- Kenny says that he hallucinates sometimes. This is a reference to the hallucinations that he constantly has throughout the series.